Dakota Creek Nimkii Game Calls Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Zinger Winger Lacross Footwer>
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CKC Listing Fee

CKC Listing Fee

I see a recent announcement that CKC has increased their listing fee for trials/events from $8.50 to $10. Many of us already question the value of CKC and their services and to see such a raise is unacceptable.

By the way no mention of this through the Retriever Council agenda/news.

People should find their local Directors and climb all over them for this increase.

Jim

Not sure how this is any different from the tax the nrcc put on all AA entries for next year.

Huge difference Lee, can't imagine how you can compare the two.

The $$ collected by NRCC go 100% back to the game.....100% back to both Nationals.....not to the CKC.........

The CKC increase goes on all entries as well...both minor and AA stakes

The increase implemented by NRCC was a direct result of the strong support for it as completed in the Survey on status of Nationals etc. Canadian trailers voted in support of it.
    Last edited by krakadawn; 12-18-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Where are the results posted and if not why are the results of the survey not posted . The nrcc is sitting on a large amount of money for what? . The nrcc has already said they will not host a national . If the national can not support itself maybe it should go away . Maybe the people that want to run a national should pay an entry fee that will support the hosting club .
    I don't recall having a vote on the increase . You know as well as I do that most things that go to a club president are never brought up to the club membership. This is the first thing that needs to be fixed .

I did not know the survey counted as a vote .

6. Response to the survey favoured the NRCC charging member clubs $5.00 for each dog competing in every All Aged Stake held. Effective 2018 the money collected will go directly to the Host Club(s) for the following year.

This is item 6 as posted on the results per the NRCC survey. The 17 Directors across Canada then voted in total support of this recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by lee w View Post
    Where are the results posted and if not why are the results of the survey not posted . The nrcc is sitting on a large amount of money for what? . The nrcc has already said they will not host a national . If the national can not support itself maybe it should go away . Maybe the people that want to run a national should pay an entry fee that will support the hosting club .
    I don't recall having a vote on the increase . You know as well as I do that most things that go to a club president are never brought up to the club membership. This is the first thing that needs to be fixed .
    Thanks for your opinion.

You didn't vote for any of the changes per say...your Directors elected by you did.

All things were presented at the AGM for those involved/interested.

Perhaps you might wish to check with your Secretary who also received this information.

Lee, results posted on NRCC site, also given to Directors to distribute, and presented at General mtg and AGM

I suggest you draft a letter to your Director to present to the Board.

Could not find the results of the survey on the nrcc web site could you please provide a link so I and everyone else could see them. Thank you

This is what the Board released Lee:
    running dog fees collected at your trials.

Survey to Examine National Events in Canada

Recommendations by the NRCC Board of Directors on the Future of National Events

The NRCC Task Force on the future of Nationals in Canada, completed their review of the survey results and presented their recommendations to the Board of Directors at their April 27 meeting where they were approved. Below is a summary of the recommendations and the direction the NRCC plans to take in the coming year.

1. Responses to the survey did not indicate a clear consensus on the questions of whether to hold a combined National event or continue to hold both a National and a National Amateur. As a result, the recommendation is that if 2 Host clubs are not found before the Annual Meeting in Mid September, the board will contract with a single host club to host a Combined National Event the following year. This event will be considered a onetime occurrence and the NRCC will continue to hold two separate events if and when possible. Clubs considering and or applying to host a National Event need to be pre-warned that this outcome is a possibility.

2. The Board recommends that the NRCC not become the host club. This is the responsibility of the Member Clubs and as such they must find a host for the events. This does not preclude members of the Board of Directors from stepping in to assist in the hosting of a national.

3. The Survey results showed that 65% are in favour of changing the number of zones. An Implementation Plan is currently under development to determine the optimal number of zones and the impact this will have on Nationals.

4. Changes to zones will also require a change in how judges are selected.

5. The survey indicates that a large majority feel that, due to rising costs in hosting a National Event, the host club should be able to dispense with traditional items during the event to cut expenses if necessary. The Board of Directors endorses this decision.

6. Response to the survey favoured the NRCC charging member clubs $5.00 for each dog competing in every All Aged Stake held. Effective 2018 the money collected will go directly to the Host Club(s) for the following year.

7. Qualification standards for dogs to Qualify to run a National Event are under review to allow for implementation of a combined event. Once determined, the NRCC will proceed with the necessary rule changes through the CKC Retriever Council.

8. Survey results indicate that the National Open Event should be held in or around September. The National Amateur Event did not have a definite result so dates for this event should remain unchanged. In the event that a combined National is held, the results favour using the current National Open dates in September.

thank you this is good information . What I would like to know is the results from the survey the numbers that make up the percentages and the the number respondents . If we have 100 field trailers in the country how many filled out the survey . So are we basing the new tax on AA stakes on the majority or the minority . I feel these are important questions and should be transprant before the nrcc imposes a fee that will bring in around 12500.00 based on the amount of AA stakes held last year and an average of 30 dog entries.